Flavours (sometimes known as Essences) are added to foods to enhance taste and aroma. Flavours may contain natural or synthetic ingredients or a blend of both. Flavours are made using a carrier, natural ingredients and synthetic aromatic chemicals. Natural Flavouring ingredients may include essential oils and resins from fruits, spices, woods, leaves, gums, flowers.
Scentral Flavours and Fragrances, as a member of the International Organisation of the Flavour Industry (IOFI), follow the IOFI Code of Practice which contains revised definitions of flavours. The definitions are taken from the current Codex Guidelines on the Use of Flavourings (CAC/GL 66-2008). Therefore, we offer Natural Flavours and Flavours (synthetic – formally known as Nature Identical and Artificial).
We manufacture all of our Flavours here in Australia from locally made and imported ingredients. Scentral have an extensive library of flavours and we can create flavour profiles unique to your requirements.
Flavours are available as:
- Liquid or Powder
- Water or Oil Soluble
- Kosher certified (if applicable)
- Halal certified (if applicable)
- Gluten Free
- Allergen Free
Scentral’s range of Flavours are designed for manufacturing applications, for use in products such as:
- Bakery: Cakes, Biscuits, Muffins, Doughnuts, Dough, Icing, Fondant, Snack bars and Premixes.
- Beverage: Carbonated, Still, Juice, Kombucha, Alcoholic drinks, Chai, Energy drinks and Dry-mix.
- Confectionery: Hard boils, Jellies, Chewing gums, Jelly crystals, Toppings, Syrups and Water Ice.
- Dairy: Flavoured milks, Ice-cream, Desserts, Custard and Mousse.
- Health & Wellness: Pharmaceutical, Nutritional &Protein powders and Nutraceuticals.
Spray Dried Flavours
Scentral is one of the few Australian manufacturers of Spray Dried flavours. Our concentrated Spray Dried flavours are encapsulated by the spray drying process making this powdered form highly suited to high-temperature manufacturing processes. The spray drying process protects our flavourings, by encapsulating the flavour with a protective outer layer that can withstand a wide range of heat conditions whilst still maintaining the flavours complexities and flavour profile. In doing so, it extends the shelf life of the product and its ability to withstand further processing. Applications include dry premixes, baked goods, cereals, protein powders, nutraceuticals, jelly crystals and anywhere where the powdered product is required.